Kurt Happy Zouma is a French professional footballer who plays as a center back for West Ham United in the Premier League and for the French national team. Zouma began his career with Saint-Étienne, where he made his professional debut at the age of 16, winning the Coupe de la Ligue in 2013.
|First and last name||Kurt Happy Zouma|
|celebrated name||Kurt Zouma|
|Date of birth||October 27, 1994|
|Age in 2021||27 years|
|brother(s)||Lionel Zouma and Yoan Zouma|
|Hair colour||Dark brown|
|Activity||French professional footballer|
|Sexual orientation||Straight ahead|
|Girlfriend(s) / Business||Sandra Zouma|
|Wife / Husband||Sandra Zouma|
|Net value||$4 and $5 million|
Kurt Zouma Biography
On October 27, 1994, this French footballer was born in Lyon, France, into a sporting family. Guy Zouma is his father’s name but his mother’s name is unknown. Guy Zouma, his father, worked hard for his family, while his mother, Mrs Guy, worked as a cleaning lady. Kurt’s parents moved to France from the Central African Republic. He has five siblings, one of whom is a sister. Lionel Zouma, his older brother, and Yoan Zouma, his younger brother, are both professional football players. When he was nine years old, this player started his youth career at Vaulx-en-Velin.
Kurt Zouma Height, Weight, Body Measurement
He is 6 feet 3 inches tall (190 cm) and weighs 95 pounds (kg). His eyes are dark brown and his hair is also dark brown.
- Zouma started his career with Saint-Étienne B in 2011, where he played in 10 games and scored twice. Since the 2011-12 season, he has been promoted to the first team.
- Chelsea spent €14.60 million on winter moves in 2014, playing 71 games for the club, scoring four goals in 73 games. However, he left at the end of the season and was loaned to Stoke City for a reported €7.80 million in the 2017-18 season.
- On 20 April 2013, Zouma played a key role in Saint-1-0 Étienne’s victory over Rennes in the Coupe de la Ligue final.
- Zouma signed a five and a half year contract with Chelsea on January 31, 2014 for €14.6 million. However, he remained on loan to Saint-Étienne throughout the 2013-14 season.
- He made his Premier League debut on 26 October 2014 as an additional substitute for Willian in a 1-1 draw against Manchester United at Old Trafford.
- When Nemanja Mati was suspended and John Obi Mikel injured in the League Cup final against Tottenham Hotspur on 1 March 2015, Zouma came in as a defensive midfielder for Chelsea.
Kurt Zouma’s Net Worth
The estimated net worth is between $4 and $5 million USD. Zouma signed a five and a half year contract with Chelsea on 31 January 2014 for around £12 million (€14.6 million). On 28 August 2021, Zouma signed a four-year deal with West Ham United worth £29.8 million.
Kurt Zouma agreed to a four-year contract at an average of £6.24 million. In 2021, Zouma’s base salary will be £6,240,000, with a cap hit of £6,240,000.
The Sun can reveal that Zouma is an ambassador for the French charity Seed, which has raised money for a large cat shelter.
Last year the charity, which Zouma enthusiastically promotes in his Instagram bio, raised £20,000 to refurbish a tiger habitat in France’s Refuge De L’Arche.
Kurt Zouma has lost his Adidas sponsorship deal just hours after he was fined £250,000 by West Ham and his two cats were cared for by the RSPCA.
Properties and cars
The central defender currently drives a Porsche Panamera, which he mainly uses for training.
Kurt Zouma Wife, Marriage, Children
His wife’s name is Andra Zouma. They have been together for almost a decade. They originally met when they were young in Lyon, France. When he was 19 years old, the couple got married in 2012. They have been together ever since. They were both Muslim when they traveled to Mecca in 2019. They have three children.
Sandra works as a project manager for the charity Seed. She works with several soccer players, including Paul Pogba and his wife Maria Zulay Pogba, to help individuals get an education and people in Africa to get an education.
Awards and Achievement
- Premier League Cup: 2012-13Premier League seasons 2014-15 and 2016-17
- Football League Cup 2014-15
- UEFA Champions League 2020-21
- Second Place FA Cup: 2016-17,2019-20,2020-21 UEFA Super Cup: 2021
- 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Chelsea Young Player of the Year 2014-15
- Zouma is named after Kurt Sloane, a character played by Jean-Claude Van Damme in the 1989 film Kickboxer, and his middle name Happy honors an African custom of using uplifting words as middle names.
- Zouma is married to Sandra and they have three children.
- Zouma is a Muslim who traveled to Mecca in 2019.
- Kurt had extensive football education and career development at Vaulx-en-Velin, where he tested in a variety of positions before establishing himself as a defender.