Setup and configure gmail account in outlook …!!!
Yes, this would be our prime focus.
Getting gmail outlook settings and mapping the gmail account in your outlook application on your desktop.
At our office we generally use outlook for work.
But at the same time if you want to check your other personal email or any other email what will you do ?
Generally in our offices we have internet service blocked for gmail, outlook, yahoo etc.
So Top Tech Easy has a solution for you.
we will configure gmail in outlook by getting the gmail email settings.
How To Setup And Configure Gmail Account In Outlook Using Imap
- First Open your outlook.
- And then to setup and configure gmail in outlook select “File” from top left corner.
- Then you need to select Account Settings in outlook.
- And one more time there would be a “Account Setting” tab that you will have to select.
- After that you will get a new tab Email Accounts.
- Here you will have to select “New“
As soon as you click “New“, you will get new window of Auto Account Setup.
- Now you will have to select “Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types” and click “Next“.
- There will be by default option selected “Internet E-mail” and click next.
Adding New Gmail Account
Now this window is the most important step in getting the gmail configured in outlook.
- You have to fill Your Name(Display Name).
- Email Address
- In Account type select “IMAP“
- For incoming server details you may visit google help page.
- Then again username(your full email address)
- And your password.
- After filling this you have to go to “More Settings” in the same window.
- After clicking “More Settings” you will have to find “Advanced“.
- From the google help page find the port for IMAP servers.
- Both the encryption type should be selected as SSL(Secured Socket Layers)
- Now after this just for being on safe side go to Outgoing Server.
- Here check the option “My Outgoing SMTP server” requires authentication.
- And then click on “Log on using “.
Now outlook will try to test the connectivity.
And if all the settings and credentials provided are correct the you will get the screen as like below.
Now once you have configured your gmail email in outlook successfully.
The next step would be to click on Send/Receive option.
This will let get all the emails from gmail id to your outlook.
And once gmail and outlook are synchronised, you are good to go.
Inserting “From” Gmail Option In Outlook
So once you have completed the configuration of your gmail in outlook.
You also would be sending an email, right ? 🙂
So by following the below procedure you can insert the “From” button in outlook.
- Click on “New Email” on the top left of the screen.
- Then click on “Options“.
- And click on “From” button.
- Then you will have your gmail id automatically placed there.
- If it is not there then you may insert your gmail id in the from option.
And by following these steps your Setup and configure gmail account in outlook is completed.
Now you will be able to send and receive all the gmail emails in outlook.
Hope you liked this step by step gmail setup in outlook configuration, if you have any comments or any doubt, you may comment below.
You may also want to check :
All In One Email : All Email Accounts In One Place For Free