Mythical Games has announced that it is delving deeper into Web3 with the creation of Mythos Foundation to manage its blockchain gaming ecosystem – and democratize gaming.
John Linden, CEO of Mythical Games – the creator of the Blankos Block Party blockchain game – said in an interview with GamesBeat (at our MetaBeat event) that the foundation will be a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO), or a group that will be controlled by those who collect or earn the tokens.
This DAO will have a number of participating game companies in some kind of alliance around the blockchain and its token. The participants include:
- Game developers and publishers: Krafton, Ubisoft, Marblex (Netmarble), Com2uS, CM Games, Post Voyager (Cocone), Kakao Games, PerBlue, Third Kind Games, Wemade
- Esports and Guild Companies: FaZe Clan, Gen.G, Sandbox Gaming, Yield Guild Games, Talon, EVOS
- Web3 and metaverse companies: Animoca Brands, Hadean, Klaytn, Line Blockchain, Oasys
“Some of the biggest players are starting to feel it now too,” Linden said. “We think it will be great for the industry. Honestly, we think it’s probably one of the biggest gaming alliances out there. It’s been a while.”
The process took about a year to figure out, as the company wanted to have a solid board.
“Our focus with the token is building the utility with gamers,” Linden said.
The Mythos Foundation was established to manage the day-to-day operations of the Mythos blockchain gaming ecosystem DAO. And while Mythical has been in charge of this type of gaming for a few years now, it has received interesting support in the form of a dozen advisors.
With support from industry leaders in Web3 gaming, the Mythos Foundation’s goal is to reduce barriers to entry for innovative game developers looking to build a thriving game-and-home game economy.
The Mythos Foundation also aims to democratize games and enable players and creators to participate in game value chains through the Mythos ecosystem, which is based on the support of multiple blockchains, unified marketplaces, decentralized financial systems, and decentralized governance mechanisms. .
“We see a lot of people entering the space. Sometimes they’re learning, sometimes they’re really developing something,” Linden said. “And no one is fully into Web3. And I think the common ground would be that we as an industry need to move this forward. ”
Five key areas
The Mythos Foundation initially focuses on five key development areas:
- Cross-chain infrastructure and NFT transport
- The Evolution of NFTs and Game Economies for Game Developers and Publishers
- Integration and support for game guilds and guild communities
- The growth of traditional esports participation in Web3
- Partnering with traditional gaming platforms to develop new policies that support the next generation of games and gamers
Mythos is also announcing the Mythos Token (MYTH), an ERC-20 mainnet token with a fixed supply of one billion tokens. The token provides Web3 game tools and facilitates the management of the ecosystem, giving gamers, developers, publishers and content creators the opportunity to participate and contribute to a truly decentralized ecosystem.
Mythical Games is the first to use MYTH as its native utility token on the Mythical Chain and will use the token on its Mythical Marketplace.
The Mythos Foundation has recruited a first group of ecosystem partners to push the standards forward and collaborate to develop a fully decentralized NFT transport protocol that connects the best in the game industry to the blockchain/web3 projects and initiatives.
“We started talking to some of these groups and said that five initiatives are important to come together and do as an alliance rather than as individual companies,” Linden said.
For example, cross-chain infrastructure has proven to be a challenge to do and so it makes sense to tackle that problem through an alliance.
“As an alliance or industry association, we think it’s a stronger group,” Linden said.
What could this alliance do? Maybe it can approach a platform and ask to approve blockchain gaming and allow the titles on the platform.
Linden said many esports companies are interested in using the blockchain to monetize through better fan engagement. They can give tokens to players as rewards and the players can use those tokens in games or secondary markets.
The foundation can carry out technical projects itself, as approved by the members. The members come from all over the world and from the game industry.
Mythical will use the MYTH token for its own new EVM-compatible blockchain, Linden said. The MYTH token will also be the native token for the company’s markets.
The Mythos alliance partners will be eligible for a one-year term on one of three separate subcommittees once elected through the Mythos DAO by MYTH token holders.
“Mythical has always been a gamer-first platform, and today’s announcement shows our commitment to help our community take greater ownership of their gaming experience,” said Linden. “MYTH token holders will be the driving force as we, in collaboration with the Mythos Foundation and other industry partners, continue to revolutionize and democratize gaming to give everyone a seat at the table.”
The Mythos Foundation also announces its first group of advisors from the blockchain, gaming and entertainment industries. The first set of advisors includes:
- Rehito Hatoyama, former COO of Sanrio
- Yat Siu, President of Animoca Brands
- Pete Hawley, chief product officer of 100 Thieves
- Jaci Hays, Chief Corporate Alliance Officer of FaZe Clan
- Alex Pall and Drew Taggart, The Chainsmokers & MANTIS VC
- Ryan Tedder, OneRepublic
- Lesley Silverman, Head of Web3 at UTA
- Adam Bain, partner at 01 Advisors, former COO of Twitter
- Ryan Wyatt, President of Polygon Studios
- Matthew Rutler, executive vice president at Masterclass
- Alex Scheiner, partner at Redbird Capital, former president of the Cleveland Browns
- Kent Wakeford, Co-Founder Gen.G Esports
The mission of VentureBeat is a digital city square for tech decision makers to learn about transformative business technology and transactions. Discover our briefings.