In this article I would be listing my personal favorite measures that I use to unblock websites on chrome easily. The best part of the below mentioned process is that, they are easy to follow and are very effective in nature. Hence you can count on these below mentioned steps to unblock any website on chrome step by step.
Quick Solution : Unblock Websites On Chrome
In most of the cases you can use a vpn extension to perform chrome unblock. This would act as a proxy server which would unblock all the websites on your chrome browser. You can follow the steps below :
- Install the VPN extension Hoxx from Google web store.
- Sign In and configure. (if required)
- Re-start the browser. (recommended)
- Open the browser and enjoy your unblocked website on Chrome.
Step By Step Guide To Unblock Websites On Chrome
Initially I would like to show you some of the very easy steps that you can take for unblocking any website not only on chrome but on any browser or any device.
Removing Or Adding HTTP or HTTPS
This is one of the basic method that you may try. Whenever you see a message a “Access Denied” on the screen, this is the first method that you need to try to bypass the blockage. Generally in school or colleges we have some basic software which blocks the access. So you can just change the Http to Https or vice-a-versa.
The above stated method is just a simple and the first method that you should use. If this was not effective in unblocking the blocked website that you may proceed to the next steps.
Unblocking The Website From Restricted sites list on Chrome
This is another very basic methods that is used by schools or colleges to block website. All they do is they input the website’s name in the restricted sites list on chrome. Generally social media websites like Facebook, Twitter etc are blocked by using this method. Hence you can follow the below methods given and unblock website in your school or college.
- Open Chrome browser and click the menu button check for three lines dots at the upper right corner.
- Click ‘settings’
- Scroll down and look for ‘Show advanced settings’
- In network section click option ‘Change proxy settings’
- Click ‘Security’ tab and then click ‘Restricted sites’ icon
- Now click ‘Sites’ option in order to open restricted sites windows
- Lastly, click the blocked websites from the list and select the ‘Remove’ button; this will unblock the specific website
- Close the restricted sites window by simply selecting the ‘close’ option below and click ‘Ok’ to shut the Internet properties window.
Using Proxy Sites
Using a proxy sites can be really effective in unblocking the websites on chrome. Proxy websites are really effective as they have a separate proxy server that works for them. Proxy websites would act like a intermediate between your system (client) and the destination (host server). Hence it would look like as you (client) is not making any request, but it is being made by proxy server which lies in between.
I have already listed some of the best proxy websites that are effective in nature. These listed proxy websites are easy to use as well. The best thing about them is that even if your school or college blocks one website then also you the change of using another one. You can find the complete list here.
Use Google Chrome Extensions
Usage of Google Chrome Extension can solve the chrome unblock issue very easily. There are various extensions that are compatible for unblocking websites on chrome browser.
You can say that they are the most effective as they are from official google chrome web store. Hence you can rely on them and use them freely. The best part is these type of extension that help in unblock website on chrome are free to use.
Hoxx is one of a chrome VPN extension; it allows the users to surf the web safely with encryption. You can install it by following these steps in order to unblock sites on chrome.
- Go to chrome web store.
- Find Hoxx using the left search bar and click Add To Chrome.|
- You need to click on Add Extension.
- Once It is added, You will find an icon as shown below.
- After Selecting location, you need to create free account.
- Post which you can login and you will see the screen as below.
- Now all you need to do is to select the desired location and then your website would be unblocked from the chrome browser.
Use Tor Browser
One of the very less known solution for this issue is using a tor browser. You could easily unblock websites on your system. All you need to do is to install the tor browser.
Tor browser is best for unblocking websites as the user data is first encrypted and then transferred through different relays present in the Tor network. This in return creates a multi-layered encryption (layers like an onion), thereby keeping the identity of the user safe.
Once the your data is encrypted it cannot be read or tracked by anyone, hence nothing is blocked. So as of now I have used tor browser to unblock all the websites easily. One of the main thing you need to keep in mind is that you should have the rights to install that over the system.
I have mentioned all the methods that came to my mind in order to unblock websites on chrome. You may try all the above stated methods and use them one by one. However the websites are generally blocked by the school or collages to keep you focused on your work and to avoid distractions. Hence if you are supposed to complete any specific work, then you should finish that first an then try to unblock websites on chrome.
The above methods are just for informational purposes. You should not use them for any illegal purpose. You can use all the above steps at your own risk. Top Tech Easy would not be responsible for any problems related.